Trash Talkers Wanted for Dump Discussion

Panel members do not meet regularly and receive a $100 per diem.

--From Solano County

The Solano County Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) is accepting applications to serve as a technical expert on the Solid Waste Independent Hearing Panel.

The ideal candidate will have practical, technical experience in solid waste facility operations or regulatory oversight programs pertaining to solid waste facilities. Experience may be gained through employment in the solid waste industry, the private sector providing services to assist in permitting or operating of solid waste facilities, or a government regulatory agency responsible for solid waste facility enforcement.

Typically, the individual will have a professional license or registration, such as a professional engineer or registered environmental health specialist.

The position requires that the individual not have any conflict of interest resulting from employment, claim or litigation, or actions taken for or against solid waste facilities operated in Solano County or their parent companies.

The Solid Waste Independent Hearing Panel does not meet regularly. Panel members receive a $100 per diem.

Applications are available at the Solano County Environmental Health Services Division, which serves as the Local Enforcement Agency for landfills in Solano County.

Completed applications are due by 5 p.m. Feb. 11 and should be sent to Marcy Hannum, Solano County Environmental Health Services Division, 675 Texas St., suite 5500, Fairfield, CA 94533, or faxed to (707) 784-4805.

For more information about the position, contact Ms. Hannum at MLHannum@SolanoCounty.com or at (707) 784-3303.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something