The Fourth Annual will close some downtown streets for several hours the morning of Sunday, April 10.
The following streets will be closed from 8 to 10 a.m.:
- First Street from the pier to West K
- West K from First to West Ninth
- West Ninth from West K to West I
- West I from West Ninth to West Second
- West Second south of I Street to H
- West H Street from West Second to First
- East B Street between First and the Marina (7 a.m. to 11 a.m.)
Residents living along the course who may need to leave during the race are asked to park outside the course.
There will be five traffic-controlled intersections for exiting and entering the affected closure area:
- For residents living on Johns Place, Cove Way, McKay Way, Elaine Way and West Sixth south of I Street - use West Sixth and I to West J and First Street.
- For residents living in the 700 block of West H Street, Sea Breeze Dr. and West Eighth south of I Street – use West Eighth and I to West J and First Street.
- For residents living on Semple Crossing, West G Street or West Second south of H Street – use West G and First Street.
- For residents living on Gull Point, West Third Street south of I and West H Street, south of West Second – use West Third and I to West J and First Street.
Parking will be prohibited on the south side of West K Street from Ninth Street to the Benicia State Park between 7 and 10 a.m.
The is a fund-raiser for Benicia schools organized by the Benicia Education Foundation, a volunteer non-profit group that raises money for library and technology in the Benicia Unified School District.
The Run for Education includes the10k run and a Fun Run for children 14 and younger.
(Clarification: The original version of this story did not indicate that the event is April 10.)